The Downing Cottage Funeral Chapel was founded in 1882 in West Hingham. In 1906 it was moved to its present location by George H. Downing.
E. Gardner Jones joined the firm in 1933 followed by his son Edward G. Jones in 1962. They purchased the firm from the Downing Family in 1972. In May of 2012, Frederick W. Slinger, Jr. purchased the firm from the Jones Family, preserving the tradition of family ownership and operation.
We humbly offer our services to families of all faiths, which include but are not limited to: traditional and non-traditional funerals, cremation arrangements, humanistic services, and pre-need funeral planning.